Last update: [4/3/2019]
Who We Are
K9 Sport Sack, LLC, (“K9 Sport Sack”) is a dynamic organization that sells awesome products, celebrates pets, connects people and contributes to non-profit causes. K9 Sport Sack is based in the United States with a global distribution network and a strong social media presence. Its core products are dog carriers and related items with a focus on quality and usability with a range of fashion designs. K9 actively uses technology to promote its products and facilitate its affiliate program, giving back to its most loyal supporters. K9 Sport Sack also believes in giving back to the community and has a focus on contributing and promoting charitable causes such as animal shelters. K9 Sport Sack respects your privacy and takes safeguarding personal data seriously. Please read the following to understand its privacy practices.
Personal Data We Process
We collect personal data that (a) you actively submit to us; (b) you actively submit to our technology partners, affiliates and wholesalers; and (c) we obtain for marketing purposes. We may process your personal data with or without automatic means, including collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction of your personal data. We do not sell the personal data we collect to other parties.
- Actively submitted data. You submit personal data to us when you register an account with us through our website, purchase products directly from us or engage in other interactions or communications with our organization, including through social media. We generally process name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, and payment information. We also process information necessary for product delivery and warranties. If you are a representative of another organization, we may also process information related to your employment, such as employer address, your job title and role.
You may provide us with additional information to participate at your own initiative in surveys, feedback comments, competitions, photograph submissions or other interaction including promotions. Participation is optional. If you do not wish to participate in, or provide personal data in connection with such activities, this will not affect your account status or ability to purchase products. In each such case you will know what personal data you provide us with because you actively and voluntarily submit the data.
We also receive personal data from affiliates and wholesalers who are responsible for selling our products or referring our products and will provide us with personal data in order to complete the product sale and enable us to process payment and deliver the product, along with other related services such as warranties and returns. In such cases, we may only be acting as a data Processor, where we process personal data on behalf of our affiliates or wholesalers, depending on the specific circumstances. We encourage you to be familiar with the privacy policies of any Affiliate or Wholesaler to whom you provide your personal data. “Controller” and “Processor” have the meanings given to such terms in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Data obtained for marketing purposes. We obtain marketing data that we use to reach out to inform potential customers and others of our products and initiatives. The personal data collected generally includes the email address of a potential customer or other and may also include their name and phone number and social media account.
- Personal data not actively collected or processed. We do not actively collect or otherwise process personal data from minors. The age of a minor varies by country. For the purposes of personal data collected from the European Union, the age of a minor is under age sixteen (16).
We do not actively collect or otherwise process special categories of personal data as identified in the GDPR including data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade-union membership, or genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We ask that you do not submit this kind of personal data to us through your social interactions with us or otherwise.
We do not actively collect or otherwise process personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences.
Tracking Technologies, Cookies and Clear GIFs
We use tracking technologies, cookies and clear GIFs to collect information. Tracking technologies are used to collect information from your web browser through our servers or filtering systems when you visit any of our sites.
Cookies store small text files onto a user's computer hard drive with the user's browser, containing the session ID and other data. Cookies enable a web site to track a user's activities on the website for the following purposes: (1) enable essential features; (2) provide analytics to improve website performance and effectiveness; (3) store user preferences; and (4) facilitate relevant targeted advertising on advertising platforms or networks. Users are free to change their web browsers to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Cookies may also be set within emails in order to track how often our emails are opened.
A clear GIF is a transparent graphic image placed on a website. The use of clear GIFs allows us to monitor your actions when you open a web page and makes it easier for us to follow and record the activities of recognized browsers. Clear GIFs are used in combination with cookies to obtain information on how visitors interact with our websites.
Information collected may include but is not limited to your browser type, your operating system, your language preference, any referring web page you were visiting before you came to our site, the date and time of each visitor request, and information you search for on our sites. We can also track the path of page visits on a website and monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our sites. We collect this information to better understand how you use and interact with our sites in order to improve your experience. We also collect this information to better understand what services and marketing promotions may be more relevant to you. We may also share this information with our employees, service providers and customer affiliates.
You can change your web browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use some sections or functions of our sites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We process personal data for product sales and related services such as payment, delivery, warranty, returns, order tracking and product-related communication. We process personal data in response to inquiries and to provide customer service. We operate an affiliate and wholesaler program in which we process personal data of both the business representatives and their customers. We also perform web analytics and generate reports on such data, including website activity, orders, returning customers and other data points related to online sales. We process personal data in our social media interactions and promotional communication as well as surveys, competitions and product feedback. We focus on goodwill and non-profit endeavors and process personal data to achieve these initiatives. We foster a fan community with an outward focus and process personal data such as photographs and stories our fans love to share.
We rely upon legitimate interest and necessity of contract as the legal basis for our personal data processing. We may also use your personal data to comply with applicable laws and exercise legal rights, relying upon our necessity to comply with a legal obligation as the basis for our data processing.
Sharing of Personal Data
We share your personal data with other parties in the following circumstances:
- Legal Requirements. We may access and disclose your personal data to regulatory bodies if we have a good-faith belief that doing so is required under regulation. This may include submitting personal data required by local customs authorities and tax authorities. Additionally, we may disclose your personal data and other information as required by law, including in response to lawful requests by public authorities or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your personal data to exercise or defend legal rights; to take precautions against liability; to protect the rights, property, or safety of the resource, of any individual, or of the general public; to maintain and protect the security and integrity of our services or infrastructure; to protect ourselves and our services from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; or to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations.
Storage of Personal Data
We store personal data processed from our websites, obtained through our technology partners and our affiliates and wholesalers as well as personal data received through social media interactions. Personal data is stored in data centers in the United States, cloud storage solutions, or on our premises, including corporate offices. We endeavor to utilize third-party service providers from the United States that have certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework or alternatively provide adequate protections that are compliant with the GDPR.
Personal Data Security
K9 Sport Sack uses technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data that we store, transmit, or otherwise process, against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We regularly consider appropriate new security technology and methods as we maintain and develop our software and systems. Security measures implemented include:
(1) Minimal data is collected without requiring ongoing account registration;
(2) SSL is used on all pages where Personal Data is collected;
(3) Web and database servers are protected using firewalls;
(4) Data requiring a higher level of protection, such as payment information is routed through third party services;
(5) User access is tracked;
(6) Role-based security is applied to system access;
(7) All employees are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Data accessible through their employment;
(8) Regular system backups are made;
(9) Regular maintenance is performed on systems and software upgrades implemented in a timely manner;
(10) Systems are monitored for security;
(11) Customer inquiries require customer verification of identity; and
(12) Reports and rebates are segmented by wholesaler.
Retention of Personal Data
K9 Sport Sack retains collected personal data for a reasonable period of time to fulfill the processing purposes mentioned above. Personal data is then archived for time periods required or necessitated by law or legal considerations. When archival is no longer required, personal data is deleted from our records.
We continue to retain personal data that we are required to retain in order to meet our regulatory obligations including tax records and transaction history. We regularly review our retention policy to ensure compliance with our obligations under data protection laws and other regulatory requirements. We regularly audit our databases and archived information to ensure that personal data is only stored and archived in alignment with our retention policy.
Personal Data Rights
We rely upon our users maintaining the accuracy of the personal data they provide through our K9 Sport Sack our website, https://www.k9sportsack.com/, including the ability to add, edit and delete account profile information. Where you have created an account with our technology partners, we rely upon you maintaining the accuracy of the personal data in that account and editing or deleting that account.
You may also contact us with your personal data inquiries or for assistance in modifying or updating your personal data and to exercise additional statutory rights such as: access, rectification, data portability, objection, processing restriction, and erasure of your personal data. Our contact details are provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Effective Date and Amendments
This document is effective [4/3/2019]. This document may be amended from time to time
Inquiries may be made to:
Organization: K9 Sport Sack Solutions, LLC.
Contact: Privacy Team
Address: 1471 W 1250 S #108, Orem, UT 84058