When you have a passion for taking good care of your pet, it’s hard to conceive of treating an animal with anything less than complete kindness. The unfortunate truth, however, is that many pets are treated poorly, abandoned, neglected, and abused each year. Shelters and animal welfare organizations need help from anyone passionate about pets’ lives in order to help these animals get the care and love they deserve.
Here are some ideas from K9 Sport Sack for how you can plug in and do your part.
Fund the Cause
Taking care of abandoned pets can get pricey — your donations help.
- Set up a monthly recurring donation to a local animal welfare organization or shelter.
- Support organizations like K9 Sport Sack that donate a portion of profits to shelters.
- Start a nonprofit and look into registering LLC in Utah to start earning money to support animal welfare efforts.
Want to take a hands-on role? Here’s how.
Many shelters need people to volunteer to play with animals or take them on walks to socialize and exercise them.
- General cleaning, feeding, and upkeep are often done by shelter volunteers.
- Skilled volunteer work, such as photography or online marketing, can help shelter pets find their forever home.
Help from Home
There are plenty of ways to help the cause without leaving the house.
- If your city has a trap-neuter/spay-return program, report any stray cats you notice in your neighborhood.
- Make these stray cat shelters to help feral cats stay safe in harsh weather conditions.
- Here’s what to do if you find a lost pet.
- Consider fostering or adopting a shelter pet to give it the care it needs to thrive.
All pets deserve loving homes, and your support can help make that dream a reality. It can also do wonders to repair the damage done to pets who have already had a tough life. With support, animal welfare groups can help make every pet’s life safer and happier.
Looking for a carrier for your furry friend? Check out the K9 Sport Sack shop!
About the Author: Jessica Brody created Our Best Friends so others could find a place to share stories and photos of their beloved animal companions.